Assessor Department - Disabled Veterans or Surviving Spouse

If you are a disabled veteran or surviving spouse of a veteran you may be entitled to the Veterans Property Tax Exemption offered by the state of Oregon. To be eligible you must be either:

An honorably discharged, disabled veteran with a 40% disability documented with the Department of Veterans Affairs or a 40% disability documented through a private physician and meet an income restriction

The surviving spouse, remaining unmarried of an honorably discharged veteran

The applicant (or the applicant’s spouse) must own and the applicant must live on the property.

You may apply for the Veterans exemption with the Crook County Assessor’s office after January 1st and before April 1st to be approved for the following year.

For more information about this and other exemption programs established by the Oregon Legislature please visit the Oregon Department of Revenue website.

Veterans Exemption Information

Copyright © 2019 by Crook County